Forums

1. Welcome to The Bigfoot Forums

1. New Members - Start Here

All New Members or Members with Zero Posts, please start here

1. 199.1k

Discussion on how to conduct oneself in the field - equipment to use, how to gather evidence etc.

3. News Articles

This section automatically collects news feeds with the words bigfoot, sasquatch and yeti in them - as such, some articles about people with big feet and monster trucks are bound to get through, so try and sort the wheat from the chaff.

A place to discuss film, video, audio & photographs of alleged bigfoot.

5. 20k
    6. SSR Stats and Analysis

Standardized Sighting Record Database

7. Tirademan's Historical Newspaper Archives

Our long time member Tirademan (R.I.P. Scott McClean) compiled this extensive archive of Sasquatch related newspaper articles and donated it to the BFF before his passing. The earliest articles in this collection are from 1818 in Florida, 1877 (Australia), 1884 (Canada) and 1764 (Europe).

9. Conferences, Symposiums & Other Get-Togethers

Announce or discuss conferences here.

1. Relict Hominoid Inquiry: Research Papers

Dr. Jeff Meldrum's  Relict Hominoid Inquiry at Idaho State University

2. Relict Hominoid Inquiry: Articles, Book Reviews, Essays

Dr. Jeff Meldrum's  RHI at Idaho State University

This section contains papers from researchers not affiliated with RHI.

4. The Tar Pit

1. Politics, Current Events

Politics, Current Events, History

2. Lifestyles, Humor

Jokes, Perspectives on Life, Miscellaneous

3. Sports and Entertainment

Sports and the failure of the Dallas Cowboys

• BFF Registration

Join the BFF now!

• Who was online

• bf2011HBMay
      • Teegunn
      • TennSquatches
      • JKH
      • Puebloazul
      • 7nakedyeti
      • BC witness
      • Catmandoo
      • PBeaton
      • Wolfjewel
      • norseman
      • Huntster
  • Latest Posts

• Catmandoo
      A solid month long mission may be difficult to carry out due to National Forest camping restrictions. Perhaps two 14 day missions with a minor relocation. Recently, I reviewed NFS policy for my area. For me, I am limited to 28 days per year of dispersed camping. The common day limit number in National Forests is 14 days at one campsite and then you relocate. The policies for relocation vary. The Idaho Panhandle National Forests should be individually checked. Idaho is a bit different. Marijuana is not legal and they do not allow public nudity. Where is the fun in that? Colville National Forest is also 14 days at one campsite. I am sure that a forum member will chime in with a different opinion.   I work alone so that I am always outnumbered. I carry a lot of water for one person. I cook with propane so that I am already set up when campfires are banned. In reviewing the 4 person mission with the F 350, I did not see water capacity listed in the early stage of planning. 4 persons ( and dogs ) for 28 days is over 100 gallons of drinking water. 4 stinky guys need to wash up so that is a huge amount of water.   I can envision a small, enclosed utility trailer that will carry hundreds of gallons of water, propane / alcohol fuel supply for cooking / heating wash water, food and air tight bear proof containers to store garbage. You can't assume that burning garbage will be possible.   N E Washington would be cool. Bears, deer, cougars, moose, wolves and our cousins. We lost the last of the Mountain Cariboo when they were captured and kidnapped to Canada for a species rehab project.   An old map of wolf packs from 2016:
    • Frisco85132
      This is an interesting account....because it happened to me.
    • Frisco85132
      NO, I invited and appreciate discussion.  I want other points of view.   I appreciate the offer too.  My summer season usually starts around June 5th the heat is hitting the triple digits in the valley, and the tourists are flooding my place up north.  I hit the road with my dogs with a "general" direction in mind.  But, if I can get this idea together, it's an early fall plan.  
    • BC witness
      Yes, the Skagit River starts in Manning Provincial Park and flows roughly west, parallel to the border before turning south at Skagit Bluffs on Hwy 3, feeding Ross lake right at the border.
    • norseman
      As an American it’s just weird.   The Skagit is south of the Nooksack in the U.S. And yet it’s coming out of Canada.    
  • Popular Contributors

1. 1
      Frisco85132
      Frisco85132
    2. 2
      Incorrigible1
      Incorrigible1
    3. 3
      norseman
      norseman
    4. 4
      gigantor